The Scouting Process
Details on how you can get involved, and how the whole process will work:
- Complete your National Team Profile, available inside your QUK account. This profile will be visible to all scouts and National Team staff, completing it shows your interest in the programs and your ambition to play on a National Team.
- Apply to be scouted at an upcoming event, using the form in your account. Applications for each event will start 4 weeks before an event (live for 2 weeks), and are open to everyone eligible for a QUK National Team.
- We will endeavour to scout as many people as possible per event, depending on the number of scouts and their availability.
- Using your National Team Profile, we will determine who to scout at each event, with results emailed out approximately 1 week before. All unsuccessful applicants will be given a reason in the response email, and encouraged to apply again in the future.
- Successful applicants will be scouted at the event. You’ll be assessed by one of our team of scouts, who’ll judge you on your ability, attitude, and potential, before completing a scouting report.
- The National Team staff will then analyse your report, and, along with discussions involving the scouting team, they’ll decide on any next steps.
- All players who are scouted will receive a copy of their scouting report along with the result and possible additional feedback. If unsuccessful, the reasons will be provided in the report.
- If successful, congratulations! Your new National Team Manager will get in touch to work out the next steps - this might look different for each National Team. It’s time to get to work!